Tag: 2020上海品茶

Los Angeles Clippers: Chauncey Billups and Larry Drew set to join coaching staff | NBA News

first_imgChauncey Billups and Larry Drew are finalising deals to join the Los Angeles Clippers’ coaching staff, according to ESPN.The duo would provide experience on the bench for incoming head coach Tyronn Lue.- Advertisement – SACRAMENTO, CA - APRIL 4: Head Coach Larry Drew of the Cleveland Cavaliers looks on during the game against the Sacramento Kings on April 4, 2019 at Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images Agreement. Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2019 NBAE (Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images)Image:Larry Drew has been head coach of the Atlanta Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks and Cleveland Cavaliers – Advertisement – Billups is a 17-year NBA veteran who retired at the end of the 2013-14 campaign, and Drew has served as head coach of the Atlanta Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks and Cleveland Cavaliers.The 44-year-old Billups has been long-time friends with Lue, who replaced Doc Rivers earlier this offseason as the Clippers’ head coach. Drew has a 162-226 record in five seasons as an NBA coach.Los Angeles went 49-23 this season to finish second in the Western Conference, but the Clippers’ championship hopes ended as they lost in seven games against the Denver Nuggets in the conference semi-finals. “Additional details remain to be negotiated and the NBPA is confident that the parties will reach agreement on these remaining issues relevant to the upcoming season,” the NBPA said in a statement.The NBA Draft is scheduled for November 18, with training camps likely to begin in early December. Players approve Dec 22 start date- Advertisement – The National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) says it has tentatively approved December 22 as the start date for the 2020/21 season with a reduced 72-game schedule.The 2019/20 season was only completed in October after a four-month delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with teams competing in a bio-secure bubble at Walt Disney World in Orlando.The start date announcement followed a formal vote of player representatives, NPBA said.- Advertisement –last_img read more

Densus 88 antiterror squad arrests 16-year-old in Batam

first_imgThe National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested a 16-year-old boy in his house in Merapi Subur housing complex in Batam, Riau Islands on Wednesday evening. Recent arrests also occurred in Tasikmalaya, West Java and Kendal in Central Java.The neighborhood unit (RT) head of the housing complex, Adip Kurniawan, told The Jakarta Post that personnel of the squad and from the Riau Islands Police arrested the boy and he was taken to the Riau Islands Police headquarters.Adip said the terrorism suspect was the eldest of two siblings and the family had just rented the house in March. “They’re new here and they’re friendly, but the one arrested is a child,” Adip said. Riau Islands Police chief Insp. Gen. Aris Budiman confirmed the arrest during his inspection of Idul Fitri holiday security. “So far, the security in Riau Islands and Batam is under control,” he said.Aris, however, did not divulge more information about the teenager’s arrest.In 2016, Densus 88 unraveled a terrorist network calling itself Katibah Gonggong Rebus (KGR), led by 31-year-old Gigih Rahmat Dewa in Batam. The police said they once planned to shoot a rocket to Marina Bay in Singapore from Batam.  “Gonggong rebus” is actually the name of a Batam dish of boiled snails. Topics :last_img read more

Arsenal in U-turn over £250,000-a-week contract to sign Willian from Chelsea

first_imgArsenal in U-turn over £250,000-a-week contract to sign Willian from Chelsea Comment Metro Sport ReporterThursday 25 Jun 2020 3:46 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link5.1kShares Willian received a huge offer from Arsenal before the lockdown (Getty Images)Arsenal have reconsidered their £250,000-a-week contract offer to sign Willian from Chelsea, according to reports.The 31-year-old reached an agreement with Chelsea this week to remain at Stamford Bridge for the remainder of the Premier League campaign.But the Brazilian midfielder is expected to leave Chelsea on a free transfer this summer after failing to agree a new contract.Chelsea had offered a new two-year deal to Willian but he has been holding out for a three-year contract, and the club are unwilling to accept his terms.ADVERTISEMENTArsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United have already been linked with a move for the winger this summer.AdvertisementAdvertisementAnd according to the Daily Mirror, Willian received a contract offer worth £250,000 a week from Arsenal before the coronavirus outbreak. Advertisement Advertisement Willian is set to leave Chelsea at the end of the Premier League campaign (Getty Images)But the report claims that the Gunners are now deciding whether to follow through on their original offer, or reduce their package following the financial impact of the pandemic.Arsenal have also yet to agree a new deal with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, whose current contract which is worth £200,000 a week is due to expire in a year.Should Arsenal keep their current offer in place, it would make Willian their second-highest paid player behind Mesut Ozil, whose £350,000-a-week deal also expires next summer.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CitySpeaking during the lockdown period, Willian indicated that he would have no problem with leaving Chelsea to join Arsenal, despite the rivalry between the two clubs.‘It really is a hard decision,’ said the winger.‘I identified myself a lot at Chelsea, I have a lot of love for everyone at the club, and the fans.‘However, it is like I said before, if I leave Chelsea with no trouble and leaving the doors open, it would be fine to move to a rival club.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page.last_img read more

Wednesday February 6th “The Midday Report”

first_imgListen back to the February 6th edition of “The Midday Report” belowlast_img

Tennis: I’ll be back, vows Venus after Wimbledon heartache

first_imgLondon, United Kingdom | AFP | Venus Williams vowed to make amends for her Wimbledon final heartache by ending a bittersweet year on a high at the US Open.Williams failed in her bid to become the oldest Grand Slam champion in the Open era as the American star was crushed 7-5, 6-0 by Garbine Muguruza in Saturday’s title match.Instead of celebrating her sixth Wimbledon title, and first major trophy since 2008, the 37-year-old trudged off Centre Court looking her age for virtually the first time in her unexpected 2017 renaissance.Venus, beaten by sister Serena in the Australian Open final in January, has reached the two Grand Slams finals in the same year for the first time since 2003.Given her battle with the autoimmune disease that leaves her fatigued and once threatened to end her career, Venus’s return to prominence is a tribute to her ferocious will to win.With Serena set to miss the rest of the year as she prepares to have her first child, Venus will still be among the favourites to win her eighth Grand Slam title when the US Open gets underway in late August.“I’m in good form. I’ve been in a position a lot of times this year to contend for big titles,” Venus said.“That’s the kind of position I want to keep putting myself in. It’s just about getting over the line. I believe I can do that.“This is where you want to be. I like to win. I don’t want to just get to a final. It’s just about playing a little better.“I’ve had a great two weeks. I’m looking forward to the rest of the summer.”– Low note –Batting away questions that invited her to blame the 24-minute second set meltdown on tiredness caused by her illness, Venus admitted she could have no complaints about the result. Her only regret was a failure to take the break points that came her way in a fiercely fought first set.“Definitely would have loved to have converted some of those points. But she competed really well. So credit to her. She played amazing,” Venus said.“There’s always something to learn from matches that you win and the ones that you don’t win. So there’s definitely something for me to learn from this.“I went for some big shots and they didn’t land. Probably have to make less errors.”Umpire Eva Asderaki-Moore had inspected the barren, grassless baseline at Venus’s request before play got underway on Centre Court, but the American wouldn’t criticise the state of a surface that has come under fire from stars including Novak Djokovic.“They said the court was ready to go, so we started play,” she said.Twenty years after making her Wimbledon debut, Venus isn’t keen to bow out on such a frustrating low note.Asked if she would return next year, she said: “Presumably, yes.“It took a lot of effort to get right here today. So this is where I want to be every single major.Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more

Motorcyclist Leads 8 Deputies on 100 MPH Chase through FL Keys

first_imgIt took eight deputies to stop a motorcyclist going more than 100 miles per hour at times through the Florida Keys on Saturday.According to Monroe County Sheriff’s officials, 43-year-old Paulo Bernabeau fled as they tried to pull him over. The chase reached triple digits but slowed down when the deputies became concerned about safety.As officers searched the area, one of them noticed a red reflector light that was hidden behind a palm tree. He then saw the suspect leave the back of a nearby residence. Authorities say Bernabeau had hidden black motorcycle pants, a jacket and helmet under a kayak.Bernabeau told the deputies that he fled because he does not have a motorcycle license.He has been charged with fleeing and eluding, driving without a motorcycle license, and tampering with evidence.last_img read more

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén