– Advertisement – Knowing that the campaign was probably going to bring this case, Pennsylvania officials ordered counties to segregate those ballots received Wednesday through Friday, in order to make sure that the absentee, mailed-in, and early vote ballots would be walled off from the mischief of Team Trump. He’s going to win Pennsylvania, and Trump knows it.The Trump campaign claimed it was filing suit to stop the vote count in Michigan, as it was staging a redux of the Brook Brothers riot of 2000 at a vote counting center in Detroit Wednesday. That’s a direct attempt to try to intimidate poll workers. The campaign is going a different route to stop the vote counting in Pennsylvania, with margins in the state shrinking. With 1.1 million ballots still outstanding, the Trump campaign filed this suit, then immediately declared victory. That’s both another attempt to intimidate, as well as telling the Supreme Court what they expect out of this.To recap the Pennsylvania situation, the state Supreme Court ordered a three-day extension to allow counting of ballots clearly postmarked on or before Election Day or that had missing or illegible postmarks “unless a preponderance of the evidence demonstrates that it was mailed after Election Day.” The U.S. Supreme Court deadlocked, 4-4 leaving the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling to stand. Last week, the SCOTUS rejected a request from Pennsylvania Republicans to fast-track a rehearing, but three of the court’s conservatives made it clear that they would welcome Republicans coming back if the vote is close enough, or Trump asks for it.- Advertisement –
Category: vogdvdnd Page 1 of 20
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
The younger generation is deciding against becoming homeowners.New census data will reveal a dramatic fall in home ownership among young Queenslanders, according to a leading analyst.Speaking at the annual BIS Oxford Economics Building Forecasting Conference in Brisbane, associate director at the organisation, Dr Kim Hawtrey, said a whole generation is being locked out of home ownership.“Typically, historically for many decades, the level of home ownership in Australia was running at about 70 per cent but it’s since dropped down to 65 per cent — or even 63 per cent — we’ll find our when the census comes out later in this year for sure.”Dr Hawtrey said, however, it’s the result among the 20-year-old to 34-year-old age group that’s most concerning.“In Queensland, for example, back in 2001 home ownership amongst that group of young people was about 43 per cent. It’s been steadily falling and we estimate it’s going to come out at about 30 per cent when the new census comes out.“You find that they’re really dropping off the edge,” he said.Dr Hawtrey acknowledged affordability, particularly in the wake an investor resurgence, is the primary factor.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home2 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor7 hours agoHe said it’s difficult for youngsters to save up the deposit for a property.“What’s really the problem for them is the deposit hurdle.“That deposit barrier — which we calculate is about $70,000 in Queensland — means that the first homebuyer’s share of the market has been declining.” Dr Hawtrey warns politicians need to take more notice of the next generation.“The 2016 federal election was the last federal election before the millennials born since 2000 — the 2K millennials — can vote.“They will begin to become a political force from the next election onwards, and it’ll be interesting to see how much influence they exert on the question of housing affordability.”Dr Hawtrey also said population growth from overseas is strong, but we are at risk without adequate forward planning on infrastructure.“Otherwise it’s like inviting a hundred people around to your place for dinner and having no tables and chairs for them to sit on.”
LocalNews Carnival Monday 2012 by: – February 20, 2012 Share Sharing is caring! 96 Views 2 comments Share Tweet Share Sye and Unwanted Photographs of Carnival Monday T-Shirt parade in Roseau, Dominica.[nggallery id = 141]
The 7th Grade Batesville Bulldogs defeated Rushville by a score of 50 to 24 Tuesday night. Leading in scoring for Batesville was Jack Grunkemeyer with 15, followed by Conner Drake with 12 and Noah Pierson with 7. Also scoring was Sam Johnson with 6, Deacon Hamilton with 5 and Gus Prickel with 3. Rounding out the scoring were Chris Tillman and Chris Lewis adding one each. The Bulldogs end their regular season with a 10-5 record and start tourney play Monday against Jac-Cen-Del.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Ben Pierson.
Batesville, IN—The Batesville Historical Society is asking for the communities help. The group is wanting to keep an archive of how the pandemic affected the daily lives of those in the community. They have asked residents to handwrite a letter (can be just a paragraph) telling how the COVID-19 pandemic changed everyday life and what did you/your family do to adapt to the changes. Once the information is complete, you can either drop off the notes starting June 4, when the museum opens back up, or mail them to 15 West George Street, Batesville, IN.
Niall Quinn has called for long-term investment in the Irish game to avoid being cast into the international wilderness. Giovanni Trapattoni’s hopes of guiding Ireland to a second successive tournament finals were dealt a huge blow on Friday night when they lost 2-1 to Sweden in Dublin. The defeat proved the final straw for many fans, who are desperate for the 74-year-old Italian to go before his contract expires in June next year. Press Association “The reality is that we should expect a long time in the wilderness if we don’t realise that we have to prepare young players better for top-flight clubs, players who can hold their own in England. “There needs to be a long-term plan and I would like to see the appointment of the next manager reflect that, to be someone who will buy into that and to be given time, without the threat of the sack.” Trapattoni’s Ireland only just missed out on qualification for the 2010 World Cup finals when they went out at the hands – literally in Thierry Henry’s case – of France after a controversial play-off. They did make it to Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine, but returned swiftly without collecting a point from their three group games. Given and Duff have since retired from international football and a new generation of players, including Seamus Coleman, James McCarthy and James McClean, has been blooded. However, qualification for next summer’s World Cup finals in Brazil looks a remote possibility with just three games remaining, and Trapattoni’s critics are growing in both number and volume by the day. Martin O’Neill, the man Quinn appointed as Sunderland manager in December 2011, is the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed Trapattoni, but the former Ireland international striker believes more fundamental issues need to be addressed. He said: “Money has to go into an elite academy. There needs to be a six-year programme put in place to get Ireland back up to the levels of 20 years ago, to when we could and did compete. “At the moment, there’s a reliance on getting into the top Premier League clubs, but it’s just not happening. “You think back to the great Irish players at Manchester United – Roy Keane, Paul McGrath – and at Liverpool. “More recently, Damien Duff has been at Chelsea, Steve Finnan at Liverpool, Robbie Keane at Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, but now those clubs, by and large, aren’t even taking young Irish players. “The pool is so much smaller, so we have to deliver change ourselves. We have to make sure our players are better equipped and in better shape if and when they move to England. “When Trapattoni started, he had Shay Given, Robbie, Damien, Richard Dunne and John O’Shea, players of real quality, and all of them at the peak of their careers. “The next manager won’t and in some ways will be snookered before the off. If anybody thinks our problems will be solved simply by the appointment of a new man, then they need their heads examined.
If you have been itching to for a trip down to the Florida Keys, here’s your chance.Officials in Monroe County have reopened the area to nonresidents.The two barriers blocking others from entering the area were removed on Sunday and hotel and lodging establishments were given the go-ahead to start accepting reservations starting Monday.While the Keys are now welcoming nonresidents, officials say that everyone will still have to abide by social distancing rules.This includes wearing a facemask in public areas and keeping a distance of 6-feet away from others.
ST JOHN’S, Antigua (CMC) – Iconic former captain Sir Vivian Richards has criticised West Indies’ “one dimensional” approach to their World Cup campaign, and has slammed the lack of intensity shown in their defeat to Bangladesh last Monday.West Indies went down by seven wickets to Bangladesh in Taunton to suffer their third defeat in five matches, and remain on three points in seventh spot in the 10-team table. Their lone win came against Pakistan in their opener three weeks ago.The Caribbean side copped criticism for their persistence with the tactic of short-pitched bowling, which worked well against Pakistan and Australia but backfired against the Tigers who completed their highest-ever run chase of 322 to win with 51 balls remaining.“There didn’t seem to be any planning where if this particular plan isn’t going to work then what about the plan B, plan C or whatever the case is. We are too one dimensional,” Sir Viv, who never lost a Test series as captain, told the Observer here.“It (short-pitched bowling) worked against Pakistan and when you’re coming up against other teams, sometimes it may not work, and there just didn’t seem to be any particular planning or any particular strategy or any intensity of West Indies wanting to win that match and defend that particular total.”Bangladesh were propelled by veteran all-rounder Shakib-al-Hasan who lashed an unbeaten 124 from 99 deliveries, and Liton Das who carved out 94 not out off 69 balls – the pair sharing a record unbroken fourth-wicket stand of 189.The Windies, meanwhile, were ragged in the field, with half-chances going a-begging, while their bowlers failed to build pressure and sent down a plethora of loose deliveries.Sir Viv, himself a World Cup hero for his splendid hundred in the 1979 final at Lord’s, said the fielding effort had not been up to par.“I personally thought it was a score they should have been looking to defend and there just wasn’t any intensity in the field. There were some half-chances and especially with the two guys who batted so well for Bangladesh,” Sir Viv pointed out.“When you have opportunities like that, you have to take them and there is one that I saw that really highlighted West Indies trying to win that match was that bit when Sheldon Cottrell, that sharp bit of fielding and the release of the ball itself and running out Tamim Iqbal.”West Indies face unbeaten New Zealand in their sixth match of the World Cup on Saturday in Manchester.
CMC – FORMER West Indies all-rounder Rayad Emrit has conceded he will be “restricted” but dismissed talk of retirement, despite applying for the vacant post of Trinidad and Tobago Red Force head coach.“I have no intentions of retiring from playing cricket,” the Express newspaper here quoted the 39-year-old Trinidadian as saying.“I am very keen on playing still, so if given the job, I will have to make certain decisions. But obviously, I will be restricted.”Emrit was one of 18 applicants for the post along with the incumbent, Mervyn Dillon, former champion Windies leg-spinner, Samuel Badree and Test left-arm spinner, Sulieman Benn.Sri Lanka’s Pasindu Liyanaarachchi, Afghanistan’s Asadullah Khan along with Heinrich Malan of South Africa and Pakistani Atiq-Uz-Zaman, have also applied.Emrit, a former Red Force captain, has forged a successful career as a Twenty20 specialist, and was recently appointed captain of the St Kitts and Nevis Patriots for the upcoming Caribbean Premier League season.However, he said he decided to put his name up for consideration after being encouraged to do so by several former Red Force teammates.“I seriously considered it, knowing that I’ve played with most of the guys in the team and I think I have a lot of respect from them and some of them asked me to put my name forward when they saw that the job was being advertised,” Emrit said.“It is a decision I made based on what I think is my best move, going forward, and obviously having the respect of the guys in the team.”Under Dillon, Red Force achieved their best ever finish in the six-year professional era of the first class championship, when they ended second behind champions Barbados Pride earlier this year.They managed only a single win from the first five rounds of the competition but hit back to win two of the last three matches, before the tournament was aborted following the eighth round due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus pandemic.Nevertheless, Emrit said he possessed the ability to further develop the abundance of talent that lay in the Red Force rankings.“There are a lot of talent in our country but I still think the talent is not being treated the way it should be treated and I don’t want the talent to go to waste so hopefully, if I get in a position to work with these guys I can make a change for this talented bunch of guys,” said Emrit, who played two One-Day Internationals and four T20 Internationals but has not suited up in two years.“Whoever gets the job, it’s an important job and I wish everyone all the best. Once I’m selected I will do my best to move TT cricket forward.”